Friday, February 13, 2009

I Need a Badge, Dammit!


My eyes are buggin' out of my head.

I'm done with editing, but not done with hyperventilating.

Last week, when I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, I sent out three queries. Thought it would be great motivation to finish, which it was. I didn't want to get on the query train, but I did need this motivation (in addition to the koala smackdown). One came back a prompt 'no.'

Then the Hotmail server went down (at least for me.) Couldn't access email for 2 days (Stop before you laugh and imagine....) Then hotmail came back on--for an hour--just in time for me to see that an agent did request my ms.

But Hotmail is back down again.

Imagine if I hadn't seen that request? That days or even weeks went by, me not editing seriously and trying to avoid the koala.

So I've been at the computer for more hours than I can count, and I'm finished. I actually feel quite pleased with the story, and will get on that query train next week.

I'm also on Gmail now. chriseldin1@gmail.com

Gmail allows you to import contacts. But first I have to open Hotmail to retrieve them. ahem.

Will collect my luvvies one by one next week.

For now, I'm going to go stare at the television....
:-)

1 comment: